THURSDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2022, LONDON UNITED KINGDOM —National broadcaster and book lover Angie Greaves is re-launching Angie’s Book Club, a new fortnightly series dedicated to discovering the authors behind the books. Angie spends time with each writer discussing their creative process, the inspiration behind their work and unearthing the hidden stories behind their latest releases.
The first season launches on National Read a Book Day (Tuesday 6 September 2022) and features authors from the UK and abroad. Guests include prolific fiction writer Dorothy Koomson (My Other Husband), tech entrepreneur Eric Collins (We Don’t Need Permission) and Edwina Dunn, founder of The Female Lead.
An avid reader, Angie is no stranger to the literary world having created a popular series featuring authors such as Joan Collins, Robson Green, Russell Brand and Cecelia Ahern. Launching simultaneously on YouTube and all streaming platforms, Angie is excited to encourage audiences to see a different side to their favourite authors and discover new ones. “It always amazes me that an author can write in an assigned place and from that place their works resonate nationally and internationally. I can’t wait for my audience to dive into our conversations where we discuss not only what’s in the book but get to know the authors a little better. Let’s meet these amazing authors behind those works”.
Angie’s Book Club will be released every two weeks from Tuesday 6 September 2022.
- Angie Greaves is available for interview. Please contact Juanita Rosenior at email@example.com or call 0203 375 6024
- Photograph credit: Abi Oshodi Photography. Download photograph from here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLiaMp3IW2VwakBI0OCRddPPRmP6rtP_/view?usp=sharing
- Angie has been a national broadcaster for three decades interviewing everyone from Stormzy to Sir Elton John. She is the presenter of The Smooth Radio Drive Home show 4-7pm every weekday, and on Sundays at 10am to 1pm on Smooth Radio.
- Season One cast list:
- Eric Collins – We Don’t Need Permission
- Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah – The Sex Lives of African Women
- Edwina Dunn – The Female Lead
- Dorothy Koomson – My Other Husband
- PP Arnold – Soul Survivor
- Celebrated annually on the 6th September, National Read a Book Day is an annual awareness day that encourages all of us to take a break and get reading, either curled up on the sofa or with family and friends.
- Angie’s Book Club can be found on angiegreaves.com
- Discover more about the forthcoming series on angiegreaves.com
- Find Angie Greaves on Instagram and Twitter @angiegreaves or MsAngieGreaves on Facebook